Thank you for your support!!
Thank you for your support!!
Last Friday I rode into Melbourne with 19 other riders completing the epic journey from Adelaide via the Great Ocean Road as part of Road Raise. It was an amazing week covering more than 1,100km and climbing more than 7,000m. Riders will various experience and abilities all came together with a common goal of raising money for CanTeen and to help each other make it to Melbourne. It was a week of mixed emotions that I got to share with an awesome bunch of people, both riders and support crew. A week I will never forget.
Thanks to the generous donations of goods, services, and money I’ve been able to raise almost $5,700 for CanTeen to raise vital funds and awareness to support young people who have been affected by cancer. Thank you!!
Everyone involved deserves acknowledgement for making the event so successful, including…
- Kane and Sash from CanTeen for organising such an amazing event in only 5 months! You guys did so well!
- CanTeen members Annie and Aidan for being part of the support crew and Calixto for riding with us and sharing the epic journey. Hearing their stories and how CanTeen has helped them provided us all with extra motivation knowing what we were doing does help others. Cal’s efforts on the bike was simply inspirational. Seeing someone push themselves as much as he did and never wanting to quit inspired us all.
- Brendan and Julie (my awesome wife) for leading us each day and keeping us all safe in the pace car. I’ve done previous rides with both Julie and Brendan and have always appreciated the hard work they have done, however this ride I was part of the radio communications so had a greater insight into what goes on behind the scenes during each day to make sure we all get the end safely. I loved being part of the radio comms, but it was hectic!!
- The support crew for looking after us all week and treating us like rock stars.
- My fellow riders for all of the fundraising efforts and for keeping each other entertained on and off the bike.
- The family and friends who stayed at home to provide support while the riders and support crew were on the road. We couldn’t have done it without that support.
If you have ever thought about taking part in an event like this I can’t recommended Road Raise highly enough. I’d be more than happy to share the details of my journey, both on the bike and fundraising, so let’s have a chat.
Time to ride
Since I signed up for Road Raise in November, I have spent ~141 hours on the bike and have pedalled almost 3,700km and climbed almost 40,000m. The body is ready (I hope), the bike is clean, now it's finally time to ride to Melbourne.
I have now reached my $5,000 target which is a huge achievement for CanTeen. Thank you to everyone who has generously donated. It means a lot to me personally, and to everyone who is supported by CanTeen. Thank you!
I have now raised more than $4,000!!
Thank you to everyone who has donated and has been involved in my fundraising activities. I now have less than $1,000 to raise before I reach my target.
If you would still like to donate there is still time. We depart Adelaide for Melbourne on Saturday 6 April... only 1 month to go!
Online Auction Is Closed
Thank you to everyone who was part of the Online Auction.
A huge $1,915 was raised for CanTeen.
Thank you to everyone who donated amazing goods and services. Thank you to everyone who placed a bid. Congratulations to all of the successful bidders.
Online Auction is now open!
My Fundraising for CanTeen Online Auction is now open. Bidding closes 9:00pm 8 Feb 2019 (Adelaide time).
Head over to my "Gavin Fathers - Fundraising for CanTeen" page on Facebook for all the details.
Please share this page with your friends!
Paracombe Wine Dinner
To kick start fundraising for my Adelaide to Melbourne ride supporting CanTeen, I am hosting a wine dinner thanks to The Caledonian Hotel and Paracombe Wines.
Please join me for a 5 course meal paired with wines from Paracombe. There will be discounted wines sales on offer as well as a raffle. Proceeds on the night will go towards CanTeen.
- When: Friday 8 February @ 7pm
- Cost: $98
- Where: The Caledonian Hotel, North Adelaide
RSVP to Gavin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Seats are limited
Please note that I am hosting this dinner in lieu of a party for my 40th birthday. No presents please, but if you would like to make a tax deductible donation to help me support CanTeen please visit my sponsor page - https://www.raiseit.org.au/fundraiser/gavinfathers.
There will also be a donation box on the night.
Support Me Today!
I've created this page because I want to make a difference. I'm inspired by the work of CanTeen and want to support them by raising money as part of my participation in Road Raise 2019.
On April 6th 2019, I’ll be taking part in a 7 day bike ride from Adelaide to Melbourne to raise vital funds and awareness to support young people (12 - 25 years) who have been affected by cancer.
Myself and 25 other like-minded individuals aim to raise a combined $250,000, which will fund around 5,000 hours of support for young people who really need it.
Please help me help them, by giving whatever you can using the 'Donate' button. The more people that know about CanTeen, the greater their impact, so please also spread the word by sharing my page with your friends and family. Thank you in advance for your generosity, it means a lot!
Road Raise Route - 1,060km's in 7 Days
Day 1 / 151km
Adelaide -> Meningie
Day 2 / 186km
Meningie -> Robe
Day 3 / 133km
Robe -> Mount Gambier
Day 4 / 197km
Mount Gambier -> Warrnambool
Day 5 / 144km
Warrnambool -> Apollo Bay
Day 6 / 111km
Apollo Bay -> Geelong
Day 7 / 132km
Geelong -> Melbourne
Thank you to my Sponsors
Caledonian North Adelaide
Shelly & Miguel
Melissa, Brad And Isla
Kylie & Steve Hawkins
Jan & Graham Davies
Andrea & Michael Williams
Derek And Kat
Ilana & Jon
Perry & Roger Solomon
Shelly And Miguel
Danny, Toni & Family
Bob And Julie Collins
Liz And Ray Main
Liz & Philip Williams