Terms & Conditions
Participant Terms and Conditions: In registering for Road Raise 2020 event I agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
I confirm that I am voluntarily registering for and participating in this event.
- I will undertake the ride and participate in the event to raise funds for CanTeen and following the conclusion of the event I will provide to CanTeen all funds I have raised along with photographs and other documentation of the event if required.
- I understand and acknowledge that the cycling event may be a potentially dangerous activity and I will properly consider any risks before undertaking the cycling route. The decision to participate in the ride is entirely my own and I accept and assume all risks and liabilities associated with participation in the event, including but not limited to loss of life, personal injury, property damage or economic loss of any description. I acknowledge that CanTeen makes no representation or warranties in relation to the safety of the event.
- In consideration of and as a condition of acceptance of my participation in the event for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, I:
- a) waive, release and discharge CanTeen, its directors, staff, agents and independent contractors, volunteers and sponsors (“the Indemnified Parties"), from all and any liability including all claims or causes of action which I might otherwise have (including for negligence) arising from any injury, loss, or damage of whatever kind suffered or sustained by me arising directly or indirectly out of my participation in the event including my participation in the ride. (b) Indemnify the Indemnified Parties against any claim, action, liability, loss, damage, cost or expense that the Indemnified Parties incur or are liable for as a result of my participation in the event including my participation in the ride.
- I acknowledge that CanTeen will not insure me or my employer in relation to any aspect of the event including the ride, and I undertake that I will take out all necessary insurance to cover my participation in the event including the ride.
- I agree to abide by all laws and instructions relating to the conduct of the cycling event and any rules or terms and conditions of any third party involved in the ride.
- I attest that I am physically fit to participate in the cycling challenge, have provided all details on pre-existing and/or current medical conditions and I consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during the cycling event.
- I consent to the use of any or all of my name, image, job title and employer details, voice and statement to promote the event in any form of media without payment or compensation.
- I commit to the minimum fundraising target of $5,000 and will do everything in my power to reach this target.
Privacy Notice: CanTeen understands the importance of protecting your privacy and complies with the Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1988. We collect your personal information to register you as a participant in our events and for the purpose of issuing you with a valid tax invoice. We may also disclose your personal information for fundraising and marketing purposes, such as sending you details about other activities, special offers or promotions by CanTeen and our sponsors.
You can find more information about how we handle your personal information by visiting https://www.canteen.org.au/privacy-policy/