Terms & Conditions
Canteen Terms & Conditions
Australian Governments have developed legislation in each State and Territory governing the conduct of fundraising (the Fundraising Acts). Under the Fundraising Acts, anyone wishing to raise money for charitable purposes on behalf of another organisation must hold an authority to fundraise issued by that organisation.
All fundraising activities must meet the requirements of relevant laws and regulations in your State/Territory and you will need to obtain any necessary permits or licenses required.
We suggest you contact your local State Authority for more information.
ACT: Access Canberra www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au
NSW: NSW Fair Trading www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au
QLD: Office of Fair Trading www.qld.gov.au/law/fair-trading
SA: Consumers and Business Services www.charities.sa.gov.au
TAS: Consumer Affairs and Fair Trading www.cbos.tas.gov.au
VIC: Consumer Affairs Victoria www.consumer.vic.gov.au
WA: Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety Consumer Protection www.commerce.wa.gov.au
Anyone running a fundraising event must consider licenses, permits, local council approvals and insurance. If your activity is using raffles, lotteries or other gaming activities to fundraise, there may be other laws and obligations that apply in your State/Territory.
Before you get started with planning your fundraising event for Canteen, we will need to authorise your fundraising activity /event. Due to this being an online event through our online portal your event is automatically approved. You will not receive an official written Authority to Fundraise. Canteen will review your event upon creation and remove/decline any that do not meet the standards and approval criteria.
In order to be an approved fundraiser on behalf of Canteen you will need to review and agree with the below conditions -
- RESPONSIBILITY The activity/event is the sole responsibility of you, the fundraiser and is to be conducted in the name of the Fundraiser; this includes financial and legal aspects. Canteen, due to limited resources, is not able to take a coordination role in your activity/event and therefore cannot assist with ticket sales or soliciting prizes.
- CHANGES TO APPLICATION Any changes to the information provided at set up must be forwarded to Canteen in writing for review prior to the activity/event taking place. Canteen reserves the right to withdraw approval of an activity/event if it feels the fundraiser is not complying with the rules and guidelines set out in this document.
- FUNDRAISING IN PUBLIC: Canteen does not allow individuals organising or participating a in fundraising event/activity to solicit sponsorship for their personal fundraising goals in public areas.
- USE OF LOGO Any use of Canteen name and dedicated fundraising ‘Proudly Supporting logo’ must be supplied to Canteen prior to printing or circulation for approval. The only logo that is permitted to be used is the ‘Proudly Supporting Logo’.
- TAX DEDUCTIBLE RECEIPTS A tax deductible receipt can only be provided to someone who makes a donation without receiving a material benefit. A person cannot be provided with a tax deductible receipt for donations made to a raffle, auction or if the person provides goods, a service or general cash for sponsorship. Online donations will be automatically receipted to the email address provided when the donation is made.
- INSURANCE Canteen is unable to provide public liability insurance cover to community fundraising events and/or coordinators. It is the responsibility of the event coordinator to arrange this in conjunction with the venue.
All fundraising activities approved by Canteen must comply with all relevant Australian Federal and State Laws. Whilst we would like to be able to approve all applications, there may be some activities which do not adhere to our fundraising and ethical guidelines and would therefore not be accepted.
These include but may not be limited to any fundraising activities:
- That promote gambling, alcohol, smoking and tobacco
- That promote fundraising via the sale of alcohol direct to the public
- That promotes/exhibits any nudity, semi-nudity or sexual imagery
- That promotes violence in any form or cruelty to animals
- That results in a potential negative impact on the environment
- That involves a high level of personal or public risk
- Where the logo is used for packaging of a product or on a product and sold in a retail environment without an established corporate partnership agreement
- If the activity goes against the brand and ethical guidelines of Canteen
By checking the tick box you agree to the above mentioned terms and conditions and to conduct the activity/event in accordance with these conditions and understand that Canteen reserves the right to withdraw approval of this activity/event if I fail to do so.
If you require further information on these please contact our friendly fundraising managers on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 8974 4804